Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Going, Going, Gone

As I’ve mentioned before, I’ve started doing my sons shared bedroom.  They are both moving into Hugh’s nursery which is being transformed into their big boy room (or will once Charlie is in a bed – for now he’s staying in his cot for as long as we can!).

_MG_6603-261

Hugh’s nursery has quite a special place in my heart.  It was the first room I completed when we moved into our new home just 3 weeks before he was born, it was the start of my design journey doing nurseries and most importantly it had a little tribute to the baby I lost in my first pregnancy.  This baby we nicknamed apple and so once I had decided on painting a tree in Hugh’s nursery (which was just an emerging trend back then!) I knew painting a beautiful red apple on the tree would complete the room and also be a sentimental and touching tribute.

_MG_6719-92

So whilst I am veeeerrrrry over the tree in terms of decorating, it tore a little at the heart strings to think about painting over the tree!  Because I’m a dag, I made a little animation of the process.  I painted the whole wall before I could do the apple, hesitant!  But I have been lucky to have had the room photographed by Little One Baby and appear in the mag, so the photos will always be there!

Painting-hughs-room-gif

Now it’s onto the next stage, which if you follow me on facebook or instagram, you will have seen a little peek of the room…..which is getting there….slowly!

No comments:

©Nest Design Studio
Real Time Web Analytics