Thursday, May 10, 2012

My Little Nest: Cooper’s Safari Room

You’ve seen the design board, now it’s time to see the room.  This nursery belongs to my beautiful nephew, Cooper (as seen in the latest edition of Little One Baby). 

My brother, Matthew, & my sister in law, Laila, wanted to create a gender neutral nursery for their first born and wanted to include a slight safari theme throughout the room.  The room is quite little, so the walls were kept the same colour as the rest of the house and as you saw on the design board, I incorporated yellow, grey and blue as the main colours.

CoopersRoom06I made the bunting to hang over the cot as a colourful feature in the room.

CoopersRoom08

CoopersRoom09

CoopersRoom10

I love these gorgeous wooden animals.  Add a ‘mini cooper’ to the other mini cooper already in the room!CoopersRoom14

A gallery above the change table includes prints and photos and is easy to add to and easy to add more colour to the room.CoopersRoom17

One of my favourite things in the room is this cloud mobile.CoopersRoom12

I made this print for Cooper.  If there is a family gathering, you can pretty much guarantee that within the first few hours, some Anchorman quotes will be pulled out, so it’s quite appropriate for Coopers room.CoopersRoom15

CoopersRoom16And here is the little spunky boy himself, Cooper!  I love him in this colour.

CoopersRoom02

All images by Little One Baby

Now, I just have to make my way to Sydney to see the room myself!

2 comments:

MommaBBabyboy said...

Such a sweet room! I want to do something similar for our nursery, I liked a jungle theme but don't want it to be too much, and I LOVE the gallery wall!! :) xxx

Leah said...

Loving the decal on the wall!!! Picking up LittleOne Baby this weekend so hopefully they list where they bought it from!!! xox

©Nest Design Studio
Real Time Web Analytics