Monday, April 2, 2012

Design Board: Girly & Glam

 

I love it when clients think outside the box! 

My facebook fans will have already seen this design board, but you haven’t seen what inspired it!  One of my recent competition winners, Natalie, sent me the below image she had saved as part of her completed design questionnaire.  I’ve said it before, inspiration can come from anywhere and this is a fantastic example.

image

As soon as Natalie mentioned the words: blush, white and gold, my head was spinning with ideas and I couldn’t wait to complete this design for Natalie’s daughter, beautiful little Ameline (isn’t it a gorgeous name?!).

This is what I came up with……

Amelines nursery

A room full of sophisticated items that will grow with Ameline (and will work in other rooms of the house), a stencilled feature wall (think pink with a Moroccan tile stencil in a gloss paint, so you get just a hint of glimmer and the pattern doesn’t overpower), a stylish chair for Mum, a wall of shelves to display Ameline’s books and a comfy reading corner comprising of a sheepskin, comfy cushions and a miniature ghost chair!

Natalie had already ordered the beautiful tassel garland, lace crown and ‘a’ and they work beautifully with everything.

I certainly can’t wait to see completed photos of this room, it’s going to be gorgeous!

Please note:  As each room designed for clients, is custom for them, I'm not able to provide source lists (sorry).  However, if you would like a room designed for your little one, I’d love to hear from you!  You can see more information here and email me at nestdesignstudio@bigpond.com

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I absolutely love this colour scheme, the design board looks gorgeous!

©Nest Design Studio
Real Time Web Analytics