Friday, November 5, 2010

What have I been up to - Part 2. Pimp my stool

Now that my big old belly is getting, well big, I wanted to have a step stool to make it easier for me to bath Hugh (and also to use when he needs to get up to the vanity to clean his teeth). Me being me, decided I couldn't find what I was looking for and set about pimping the below one from Ikea!
Initially I was going to try and stencil a pattern on the top, but it was just to hard! So I got some fabric and modge podged it on! Sooooo much easier and worked a treat! Plus it gives it a little bit of texture so when it is used as a step stool (rather than a big mummy tummy stool) it will give it some grip.
Here's some pics.....
Before:

After:

Ahhhh much better!

No comments:

©Nest Design Studio
Real Time Web Analytics