Sunday, September 19, 2010

Why did you break my heart?

On Friday, I fell in love. Hard, big time. The kind that gets you so excited.
I'm sure you've seen it before.....the sneak peak of the Bugaboo Donkey. How did they know what I was looking for in a double pram? 4 wheels, check. Bassinet option, check. Baby face in or out, check. 1 or 2 babies, check. But most of all, stylish, check.

Prams stress me out. I can't tell you how much sleep I lost when I was looking, looking, researching and then looking some more for Hugh's pram (by the way - I picked the Love N Care Adiva....which I love but I have to give up as it doesn't come with a toddler seat). I would wake up at midnight, jump on the net and hope the perfect pram would rear it's head. I also did the same for my carrier (let me rave about how much I love My Blessed Baby Mei Tai). They really did my head in.

So now, I'm on the lookout for a double pram. I don't like 3 wheelers, don't like one's that have the extra seat underneath and don't like the side by side umbrella style ones (I like to have baby facing me).....so what does that leave me with? NOTHING....until Friday that was. I knew it would be touch and go with release dates (due out in Spring 2011 in the US), but thought I could make do until then. That's when my heart was broken.....the perfect pram........not available in Australia until January 2012!!! Are you kidding me?

So it's back to the drawing board for me. Think I'll have to go for a Strider Plus (at least the top seat can face me), but it does have the extra seat underneath and I really don't like the colours it's available in.

Any recommendations?

6 comments:

Little Choopie said...

ah I know how you feel, but baby number two due this week I am way off the mark.
With baby two on the way we were almost settled on buying the phil and teds. But after hearing so many of my friends sold their within months of buying one, we decided against the double pram purchase. Our little guy will be three in a few months time, so fingers crossed he will walk with mummy and the current Bugaboo pram we have.
As for the strider, I absolutely loved the concept of it, the colours not so, but after taking it for a test drive, I would suggest you do the same before making your purchase. I found it to be so big and bulky and felt like I was a million miles away from my babies when pushing it. I do believe its an awesome concept just needs to be stream lined a bit more.
Good luck with it all.. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that their is an early release of the bugaboo donkey.

southies said...

What about ordering it from the US & getting it shipped out here by an Oz company called :
http://www.priceusa.com.au/

I haven't used them myself but know of a few people on the Homeone Forum(http://forum.homeone.com.au/) who have & are very happy with their service & pricing.

Might be worth looking into ?

Nin79 said...

Hi - I've just found your blog and absolutely love it - children's rooms inspire me so much as well and I love all your posts!

I've got a Phil n Teds e3 pram - bought it back in 2006 because that's pretty much the only pram that was around back then but if I had my time again, I think I'd seriously consider looking at the Baby Jogger City Select. Have you seen it? It's pretty funky looking and you can have one or both babies facing you??

Belinda - Nest Design Studio said...

So many decisions! I was lucky enough to test drive the Strider, Icandy Pear & Baby Jogger all at the one store so had good comparrison. I didn't like the fold action on the I candy (and wasn't that great to stear), the Baby Jogger was pretty good but seemed so long (plus a bit pricy) and we didn't mind the strider. Think that's just what I'll end up with!
Importing a pram from the US is about 1/2 price (the baby jogger is $499!!) but I'm always worried about warranties!

James & Hannah said...

Mountain buggy does a double buggy where one is the basinet (facing the person) and the other is the toddler seat just like the bugaboo donkey. Check out http://mountainbuggy.com/en/accessories/carrycots and click on the duo-single tab. Hope that helps :) Hannah

Anonymous said...

Hello, I enjoy reading through your article poѕt.

I wanted to write a little comment to ѕupρort you.
My site - kegel exercises

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
©Nest Design Studio - Designed by BDD
Real Time Web Analytics